VA Mortgage Loans
Are you a Veteran looking to purchase your forever home? VA loans offer special mortgage terms to qualified veterans, active duty service members, and their spouses. Guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), these loans have flexible qualifying criteria and generally do not require a down payment.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF THE VA LOAN PROGRAM
- No private mortgage insurance requirement
- 100% financing up to the VA lending limit in your area
- Borrow up to $1.5 million with a VA Jumbo Loan
- Right to prepay loan without penalties
- Closing costs comparable – and sometimes lower – than other financing types
- Mortgage can be taken over (or “assumed”) by the buyer when a home is sold. (Must be VA eligible)
- Counseling and assistance available to veteran borrowers having financial difficulty or facing default on their loan
To read our blog about VA Loan Benefits click here!
CAN VA LOANS BUY LAND?
If you’re considering using your VA Loan benefit for a land purchase, you probably have a lot of questions about how it works, how much land you can purchase and what the requirements may be. Your VA Loan is meant to make the dream of owning a home a reality. However, using your benefit to purchase land to build a home is probably one of the more complicated uses of the VA loan program. In other words, you cannot use your VA loan to purchase only land. It must be in conjunction with a construction loan to build your forever home.
Are you eligible for a VA Loan for land purchase? Our team of Triangle area experts are licensed in the entire state of North Carolina. Contact The Sherry Riano Team today to begin your home building dream!