FHA loans are backed by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), and are designed to help creditworthy low-income and moderate-income families achieve homeownership.
FHA loan programs are particularly beneficial to buyers with less available cash for closing or down payment. The rates on FHA loans are generally market rates, while down payment requirements are lower than for conventional loans. All FHA loans require an upfront mortgage insurance premium along with a monthly mortgage insurance premium.
Building a home? FHA loans can be used for a new construction on land that has already been purchased, as long as all requirements are met. The exact requirements will depend on how the land values compares to your total FHA loan amount.
The Sherry Riano Team has helped many families around The Triangle build their dream home without financial stress. To find out if you can apply for a FHA loan, message Sherry and her team for a consultation.
BENEFITS OF FHA HOME LOANS
The benefits of FHA home loan programs include:
- As little as 3.5% down payment
- Use gift or grant funds for down payment
- Upfront mortgage insurance premium can be financed
- Lower ongoing monthly mortgage insurance premiums than other loan types
- More flexible underwriting criteria than conventional loans
- Mortgage can be taken over (or “assumed”) by qualified buyers when the home is sold