It has been estimated by the National Association of Realtors that about 20% of residential sales are cash transactions. In addition, about three-quarters of sales are from investors. This does not imply that all these sales originate from a fragile sign, but it also proves that investors buying homes for cash and sell them for profit is not a small venture. Below are some steps to follow to sell your home at a top price.
- Know why you are selling and keep it to yourself: There is a direct effect on the price set to decide how much time and money to invest to get your home ready for sale. You need to know what is more important to you that is whether the money you walk away with or the length of time your property stays on the market. However, it is not advisable to reveal your incentives to anyone for they can use it against you at the negotiation table.
- Do your homework before setting a price: Settling on a given price shouldn’t be done lightly. Once you have placed a price, it creates an awareness in the minds of the buyers on how you want to sell your product but setting an absolutely very high or very low price is dangerous reasons being that an average buyer is at 15-20 homes at the same time. This implies that they engage in compares so if your home does not fall within the range of others, you won’t be taken seriously by agents or prospects.
- Do your homework: You need to find out how the neighbors have been selling their homes for the past 6-12 months and find out what current homes are listed for. That is eventually how potential buyers will assess your home.
- Find a good real estate agent to represent your needs: They will help with everything you need to do to sell your home and then some! Reach out to me if you need a Realtor connection in your area.
- Make it easy for prospects to get information on your home: It may look surprising to know that some marketing tools used by most agents to sell homes like traditional open houses are not that effective.
The Sherry Riano Team of experts are here to help you!